Monday, June 30, 2014

Giddy

Maybe it's the dandelion root tincture I take everyday that I made in the spring,
but I feel simply giddy with joy this summer


Saturday was the Ready by 21 Mentoring party

We held it in the gardens at Edgewood Farm and greeted
everyone with rhubarb cocktails as they arrived
It was a wonderful summer affair


The roses are in bloom


The laundry is on the line


There are fresh flowers from the flower garden in the entrance way


We are eating from the vegetable garden every night



I am in love with Kohlrabi this summer.

Being hypothyroid, eating raw brassicas isn't suggested
So , I've been slicing it and sautéing, with the greens from the bulb too
and it is wonderful!! 


 I'm barefoot in the grass as much as possible
and I've managed to make the days last a bit longer.
You know how?  

I don't take my computer home with me from work.
You would be amazed at how much time you fiddle away on it without even realizing it.

I hope your summer pleasures are many,
 that your days last long and your nights are sweet

Kyra


RHUBARB JUICE COCKTAILS

This was inspired by Claudette who was making rhubarb juice the day
I went to the farm to scope out how I wanted to lay out the party,

Juice fresh rhubarb 
Claudette cooks hers down and strains it, I put it through my juicer
(Tip: cut it into very small pieces before putting it in your juicer to keep
the fibers from jamming it up - I learned this the hard way)

I warmed the juice and added enough honey to
counter that sour punch and jarred it up.



We served it on ice with a shot of vodka, some seltzer water
and fresh mint.  Delicious



No comments:

Post a Comment