Monday, August 26, 2013

Abundance and Transformation


You can feel it here.
Summer's grip slipping, like a setting sun.

In response, the abundance the earth is offering
is incredible

I have been crazily trying to transform 
all this beautiful abundance into lasting memories

This from Old Ackley Farm


 into this:


Corn ice cream with blueberry sauce

These beauties from Blue Zee


into something I can jar for winter


And these 


turned into an incredible supper one night,
over polenta with lentils and red onion


A friend and gardener asked me
 if I wanted some basil


!!! 
On Friday I headed to the freezer with 10 pints of pesto


She threw in a few quarts of sun golds
because I don't have any this year


and I slow roasted them to produce
little candy like jewels 


Which I served with local goat cheese on bread
and it was like a cream cheese and jelly sandwich on steroids


The best part of all of this bounty is sharing

 I am so grateful for all the lovely people in my life
 who choose to share it with me


Thank you everyone for your abundant desire to
 participate in my summer of
creativity
 and giving me the chance to share all the wonders
of this magical place and time.

 May there be more to come

I hope you are all eating well and happy

Kyra



No comments:

Post a Comment