Saturday, May 4, 2013

Chai Tea

Yesterday, my dearest friend who lives thousands of miles away,
checked in because she hadn't seen a blog post in a while

I told her I was good, just in a bit of a spring brain fog

See, it was winter here two weeks ago
and now it is full on spring

 The forsythia in my yard isn't even fully open yet
 and the trees here are just beginning
to think about leafing out


I just opened the french doors in the bedroom last weekend


And hung the bedding on the line 
-My MOST favorite thing about spring-

I've been gardening like crazy, 
the weather change leaving me feeling behind

 Getting ready to regularly create food again at Lily's
I teach my first "Quick Bite" Cooking Class
this Tuesday on Scallion Pancakes with Dipping Sauce

Farmhouse Lunches start in June, lots of special events planned
Whew!  Deep breath.


AND
I've been making my own Chai Tea with Rooibos and Almond Milk
It is delicious and I thought I'd share the recipe

I hope you are all well and happily settled into spring
It is truly lovely here

Enjoy your weekend,
Kyra

CHAI TEA WITH ROOIBOS
AND ALMOND MILK

This makes enough for 2 cups
feel free to double it  and invite more friends
 to share a quiet moment together with you

4 cups water
3 cardamom pods
3 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
3/4" inch piece of ginger, roughly chopped
1 T honey
1 T loose Rooibos tea 
1 cup almond milk

Bring the water to a gentle boil
add the spices and honey and simmer for 5 minutes.
Turn off heat, cover and steep for 10 minutes

Add the tea, bring back to almost a boil
and simmer gently for 5 more minutes

Strain, stir in almond milk
pour and enjoy

Note: I add my homemade almond milk at the end because 
it separates in the heat.  If you are using regular milk
you can add it in with the water at the beginning of the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment