Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finally!


It has been two years since we have had
 over a foot of snow on the ground
and I love it!!


Thick soups by the wood stove


Days spent in my sewing room - I finally made
a new Cosmo bag to replace the one I had taken in the fall

I have made two Washi Dresses and


This awesome Schoolhouse Tunic by Sew Liberated
The bright fabric is Amy Butler in the softest corduroy


And of course, impromptu dinner parties to share all this
love and creativity!

The apple and cabbage slaw I served with the ham and bean
soup by the wood stove received rave reviews, so I'm sharing the recipe

I hope you are all nestling into your winter and enjoying 
some time to do the things you enjoy doing most

Kyra


APPLE AND CABBAGE SLAW WITH GINGER AND CILANTRO

1/2 head of green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
(I used my new OXO Mandolin - it is the BEST ever)
1 granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
(also done on the mandolin, so easy)
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled (with a spoon) and grated
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Kosher salt and red pepper flakes to taste

Dressing:
3 T lemon juice
2 T rice wine vinegar
4 T olive oil
1 T maple syrup or honey

Toss the cabbage, apple, ginger and cilantro together, season with
salt and red pepper flakes

Place all dressing ingredients in a lidded jar and shake to emulsify

Pour over cabbage salad and toss to coat
Adjust salt if necessary

Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment