Thursday, January 17, 2013

Delicious Almond Meal Crust Pizza



I know, I know,
Almond Meal Pizza Crust?

But you know, 
It's grain free, full of protein and most importantly,
Delicious!!

I tried it for the first time last night, using
up the almond meal from my almond milk making

I made the crust and baked it first 
and then topped it with 
This summer's Basil Pesto and my roasted Plum Tomatoes,
diced Onion, baby Spinach leaves,
 Fresh ham leftover from the holidays that I found in the freezer and
Yellow Birch Farm's wonderful Goat Cheese

A drizzle of olive oil on top, 20 minutes in the oven
and Yum City!


Check it out:

ALMOND MEAL PIZZA CRUST

2 cups almond flour *
2 eggs
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp kosher salt
1 T olive oil

Mix all together
Put the dough onto your pizza pan, put a piece of wax or parchment paper
on top to prevent it from sticking to everything
and roll it out to a THIN crust
Remove the paper and bake the crust in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or 
until it is firm and getting cracker like
Take it out of the oven, top it with your favorites and then
bake it an additional 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

*the almond meal I have left from my milk is
much wetter than regular almond flour so I added 1/3 cup tapioca starch





2 comments: