Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weather or Not


I live in a small fishing village.
Nothing reminds me of that more than when a storm is headed our way


The signal from the universe to put things to bed for winter
was loud and clear here


So while hundreds of boats were being pulled from the water 
into the shipyard, I tucked my gardens in
and put away all the summer gear 


finding some wonderful surprises along the way


The power went out around 5pm

And I couldn't have been happier

 Cooking on a gas burner by candlelight, 
Sipping some red wine, Listening to stories of Renee's day


A special kind of quiet,
all nestled in, with the rhythms of this island around us.

Gratefully, Sandy was tired by the time she got here.

My heart goes out to all those who felt her full wrath

Take care of yourselves

Kyra


No comments:

Post a Comment