Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tonye's Quilts


I left Tonye at Lily's yesterday to set up for her workshop beginning Friday morning.


I spent today at Lily's roasting and freezing tomatoes etc.
and planning my menu for the weekend workshop.


I snuck upstairs this afternoon to take a peek at Tonye's stuff


And it was like Christmas morning


Look at these beautiful pieces of work!
This one is done with wool


My photographs don't even touch on the texture, detail
warmth and energy coming off these quilts


I cannot wait until Friday!!


It is a small group so I can take the class, feeding us lunch from the 
garden in between stitches


I then head to Michigan on the 30th to Gwen Marston's
yearly retreat, featuring the Medallion quilt


Kathleen had the greatest idea to use the block we make
in Tonye's class as the center of our medallion quilt at Gwen's



I'll keep you posted


Enjoy!

Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment