Monday, August 20, 2012

Quilting Weekend


Way back in the winter I signed up for an August quilting workshop being
given by the queen of modern quilting herself, Denyse Schmidtt,
at Maine's very own awesome quilt shop Alewives Fabric

On my way down the coast I waited in line
to grab a seat at the bar at Lost Kitchen in Belfast

I really wish I had brought my camera in with me -
 no matter how tacky I would have felt- because this food was;

 the. most. beautiful.
I have ever seen.

Plus it was all locally grown, seasonal and delicious.


I stayed at a Oak Gables B&B in Damariscotta 
which I found to be old school charming


I awoke early enough to take a walk through town as it
was waking up


and then headed over to Alewives to get my sewing machine set up,



give Rhea a hug,


and have time to shop in this magical fabric store


filled with color, ideas and pure, pure inspiration








Then, downstairs to the new and gracious workshop space


Where we were fortunate to spend the whole day with Denyse and her
quiet, effective, mind expanding teaching methods 



The subject of the class was Pure Improvisation, taking us from
very traditional, to......


pure improvisation!


Barbara - the owner of Alewives and Rhea's mom - made us 
all a delicious lunch, served in Rhea's house which offers
so many decorating inspirations that I need to share it 
in another blog this week so you don't miss anything


I left for home Sunday afternoon, sad it was over so fast,
but my bag was filled with new projects and ideas that I can't wait to get
started on - makes the approaching autumn seem very promising.

More soon my friends, and
here's to a great week!
Kyra

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kyra! It was such a fun day and the best part was getting to visit with you! I'm glad you had a good time... you make us look good! XO, Rhea

    ReplyDelete