Monday, May 14, 2012

Spring Dinner Celebration


Colleen's Tulips

I started prepping for this event on Thursday morning
 and walked out the back door at 1am on Sunday

My heart and soul goes into things like this and it is so rewarding to 
 work with and serve people who
open up and give back the same energy

I always learn so much working with other chefs 
Roger was awesome, it was so fun collaborating with him
  I feel like we really created something special together

And the house was filled with wonderful guests -
it really felt magical

I just LOVED the whole thing, but I also really love that
I have time in between to recuperate

I asked Roger how he felt at the end of the night and he said
he enjoyed it, but is glad he doesn't do it every day

Well said


It all started with parsnip flan, which I have no picture of and was truly delicious


My recipe is simple, try it!

1 1/2 cups pureed parsnips, 3 eggs, 1 cup cream, 1/3 cup milk, salt to taste
  Whisk everything together, pour through a strainer into
buttered ramekins, filling 3/4 full
Place ramekins in a roasting pan and place in oven, 
pour enough hot water in to go half way up ramekins
Bake in a 325 degree oven until just set, 
Remove from water and let cool for 15 minutes before turning out of ramekin
We served them with sautéed mushrooms and fresh chervil

Here are some snippets from the event:

Rhubarb ready for sauce for the buttermilk ice cream
fresh caught  Halibut from Bobby Jones and Co.

Could not have done it Saturday without these two
Halibut with fiddle heads, carrot meringue and chive oil



Old Ackley Farm Chicken and my jerusalem artichokes
Roger looking Fine during service

Lydia with dishes, dishes, dishes
Carding Brook Farm Mesclun
The end of the night, I still have to go in and mop this morning!
Thank you everyone!
Happy Monday
Kyra





No comments:

Post a Comment