Monday, April 9, 2012

My Pancake Recipe and a Wonderful Day




How cool is this?
  I advertise a local breakfast feast and 110 people show up!!

It was almost surreal.  I have been spending so much time
at Lily's, all full of quiet and reflection and presto, within
hours it was filled to the brim with joyous people,
the wonderful restaurant sound of clinking plates and
cups, laughter and really good food

At one point I had to just smile and rejoice 


Whatever I do next at Lily's I am committed to no GMO's and
Saturday's blueberry pancake and syrup extravaganza was the kick off.

Everything except the strawberries and flour was sourced locally,
organic and easily available.


Friends volunteered to help and my "kids" came back to hustle the dishes  

I cannot even begin to express
my gratitude, to all of them and to my community for such a
wonderful day





 I will admit that I forget how stressful the half an hour before
an event can be, while you are trying to get everyone going and
finish all the last minute things.  I was amazed how quickly my zen
attitude flew out the open window.  Especially when Renee was
telling me we had a line and I was still trying to get pancakes out

The first platter was filled at what I thought was well after 8 am 
until Jon must have seen my panic and told me it was only 7:50!
What the hell!!

Let the laughter begin!


And don't take the syrup for granted.

 This was a tough year for it and
we are so fortunate Carding Brook Farm makes us a priority

 Local Blueberries, 44 North Coffee, Claudette's crepes,
Old Ackley Farm eggs,

seriously, my cup runneth over


And to give back I've decided to share my pancake recipe - something
people have asked me for for years
Cheers!

Lily's Pancakes

This is for a small batch, probably 4 pancakes, double or triple it as you need to

2 T melted butter
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Whisk to combine

3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt

Whisk to combine

Stir the dry into the wet and blend until all is moistened, but a few lumps left is 
preferable, don't over mix
Ladle onto a hot griddle that has been lightly oiled
Add blueberries, or whatever your heart desires

Enjoy!
Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment