Monday, April 2, 2012

A Joyous Feeling and a Recipe


I am consumed today with this child like excitement about life.

Maybe its the sunshine, or the fact that my seeds have sprouted!

or maybe its because I am starting to realize I have the summer off
 from the cafe.

Maybe the result of me spending ALL DAY in my sewing room yesterday - yay!

  Maybe it's the lumber coming for some raised beds that
Renee will help me build, so I actually have somewhere to plant
all the tomato seeds I started

Maybe it's the pancake breakfast this Saturday which brings me
a chance to host many of you and eat lots of fresh syrup

Maybe I am just one very fortunate girl and SO grateful for my life

A line in my daily affirmation today is "you are here with yourself"
well, today I think I will make myself good company!



Last night I made these grilled Portabello Mushroom Sandwiches with avocado, 
tomato and miso cashew spread for dinner.

They are uber simple and so delicious.

The cashew spread recipe comes from Toni Fiore who hosts a vegetarian
cooking show on PBS on Saturday afternoons

Cashew Spread or dressing:

Place 1-2 cloves garlic, 2 tsp olive oil, 1/3 cup cashew butter,
  2 T white or red miso and 2 T water, in the bowl of a food processor

 Process until mixture is smooth and creamy, adding more water
to reach your desired consistency

I left it the consistency of mayonnaise.

Before I made the spread, I drizzled 6 Portabello mushrooms with
a simple oil and vinegar marinade and let them sit while the coals heated
in the grill and I made my Chebe rolls.

Grill the mushrooms with the lid on, about 5-7minutes per side, 
until tender and charred.

Build your sandwiches with the spread, the mushroom, some sliced tomato, lots
of fresh avocado and crisp lettuce.  A whole meal in one package!  I had two

Enjoy your Monday
Kyra


No comments:

Post a Comment