Monday, January 30, 2012

Good morning!
I'm finding it hard to get started this Monday morning after such a wonderful quilting weekend.  Truly filled with warm friendship, creative inspiration and good food.  To sway that subtle let down feeling I get when something special is over, I've gathered my treats and treasures from the weekend:

a treat from Rhea

The mittens were knit especially for me by Debby.  She brought me to String Theory in Blue Hill and asked me to choose my yarns.  Oh my.  Aren't they beautiful?  I'm so glad it is going to snow a bit today.

ll


Many of us at the workshop were taken with Rhea's velveteen throws.  I chose a large print in pink and brown to go with some voile I already had in my stash.  I'm hoping to have it put together in time for early summer evenings on my new screened porch.  Other irresistible fabrics from Alewives, plus the two at the bottom were gifts from very generous classmates after I admired them in their work.  So wonderful.  I've received many emails and Facebook posts excited to know when the next event will be.  The ideas are simmering......

Now I am off to bring in wood and to finish 300 pages of the book "A Fraction of the Whole" that I am reading for a book club that meets this week.

Enjoy your day

Kyra

1 comment: